AMVAC?, an American Vanguard? Company, is excited to announce the winners of the second annual Cotton Industry Advancement Scholarship. A total of seven students were selected from 26 qualified applicants. Each scholarship recipient was awarded $2,000.
“Now in our second year, we’re thrilled to see new participants and excited to support these dedicated students as they pursue a career in agriculture and the cotton industry,” said Paul Vaculin, cotton marketing manager at AMVAC. “Cultivating the next generation of agricultural professionals is vital to the future of agriculture.”
The 2020 Cotton Industry Advancement Scholarship Winners include:
- John Lee – from Jesup, Ga. Senior attending Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College?in Tifton, Ga. Majoring in agribusiness. Nominated by John Beasley.
- Caitlyn Lawton – from Leesburg, Ga. Senior attending Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College?in Tifton, Ga. Majoring in crop and soil science. Nominated by Kevin Cotton.
- Logan Vallee – from Pineville, La. Junior attending McNeese State University in Lake Charles, La. Majoring in general agriculture. Nominated by Travis Vallee.
- Hayden Robinson – from Monticello, Ark. Entering freshman attending University of Arkansas in Monticello, Ark. Majoring in agriculture business. Nominated by James Patterson.
- Blain Allen – from Lolita, Texas. Entering freshmen attending Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. Majoring in plant and soil science. Nominated by Dale Allen.
- Andrea Althoff – from Stillwater, Okla. Graduate student attending Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Okla. Obtaining a Master of Science degree in plant and soil science. Nominated by Dr. Seth Byrd.
- Colton Pricolo – from Los Banos, Calif. Junior attending California State University in Fresno, Calif. Majoring in plant science, crop production management. Nominated by Wayne Pricolo.
Winners were selected by a panel of judges and awarded based on the merits of their application. All applicants were nominated by a practicing cotton consultant and worked for a cotton consultant between 2018 and 2020. It was also required that applicants be a senior in high school or currently enrolled full-time in an undergrad or graduate-level agricultural program at an accredited college or university. Applicants who were not awarded a scholarship were given a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Applications for the next Cotton Industry Advancement Scholarship will open in January 2021.
AMVAC is a longtime supporter of the cotton industry, offering a portfolio of trusted products including Bidrin 8? Insecticide, Folex?6 EC Cotton Defoliant and many others that cotton growers have relied on for years. To learn more about AMVAC and the Cotton Industry Advancement Scholarship, visit www.thedesignqueens.com/scholarship
About AMVAC Corporation:
AMVAC Corporation is a subsidiary of American Vanguard Corporation. American Vanguard Corporation is a diversified specialty and agricultural products company that develops and markets products for crop protection management, turf and ornamentals management, and public safety and animal health applications. American Vanguard is included on the Russell 2000? & Russell 3000? Indexes and the Standard & Poors Small Cap 600 Index.
The Company, from time to time, may discuss forward-looking information. Except for the historical information contained in this release, all forward-looking statements are estimates by the Company’s management and are subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ from management’s current expectations. Such risk factors are detailed in the Company’s SEC reports and filings. All forward-looking statements, if any, in this release represent the Company’s judgment as of the date of this release.
?2020 AMVAC Chemical Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Vanguard Corporation.?All rights reserved.?AMVAC, Bidrin, Folex?and respective logos are trademarks owned by AMVAC Chemical Corporation.
Bidrin is a restricted use pesticide. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties. Please check with your state agency responsible for pesticide registration to ensure registration status. All products are EPA registered.?A298-064178 9/20